Date: Sunday, September 24
Start/finish location: 1201 River Dr., Moline, IL
Start Time: 7:30 A.M.
(simultaneous start with the marathon)
Do you want to participate in The Quad Cities Marathon but prefer a shorter distance? Recruit your team of five runners and make it a team effort. It's fun and easy! We shuttle you to your transition area and then back to the finish area once you are done running. There will be a Relay Regroup Area about a block before the Finish Line for those relay teams wishing to finish together as a team across the Finish Line. Every team member will receive a great Finisher's Medal.
Of the 245 teams entered in the 5-Person Rock Valley Relays, team 'Deere Run' was the first to cross the finish line at 3:02:47.
- 1st Leg - Starting Line to Village of East Davenport 6.6 miles
- 2nd Leg - Village of E. Davenport to Dist.of Rock Island 5.6 miles
- 3rd Leg - District of Rock Island to RI Arsenal Island 6.5 miles
- 4th Leg - RI Arsenal Island to Moline River Dr.3.3 miles
- Last Leg - Moline River Dr. to Finish 4.2 miles
Each mile for each relay leg will be marked and visibly labeled for the relay teams.
Five Person Marathon Relay
Team Captain of your relay or designated person may pickup team's packet, which includes your bib numbers, relay bibs, slap bracelet, pins, T-shirts, and Champion Chip.
- Bib Numbers will be worn on the front. The bib reading "Relay" will be worn on the back of every relay member. This will be enforced.
- Chip / Slap Bracelet - All teams will be given one computer chip and slap bracelet. The first person will start the race with the slap bracelet on their wrist. Relay participants will hand off the slap bracelet - this is your baton. The last person will cross the finish line with a chip on his / her shoe and the slap bracelet on his / her wrist.
- Exchange Areas are well marked. Please look for your exchange areas when approaching the transition locations. Please try to be courteous to faster participants. It is often advisable for teams to wear bright matching shirts, hats, shorts, etc. If you plan to exchange clothes, have that prearranged with your team members. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Each relay exchange area will include refreshments, port-a-potties, and entertainment for your enjoyment.
- Bus Transportation to the exchange locations will be staged at Centre Station. Centre Station is located across from the iWireless Center i.e. Start / Finish. The MetroLINK Buses will be identified by exchange locations. Your bib number is your bus ticket. Once you have completed your leg, a bus will take you back to the finish area.
- Finish As A Team Area relay regroup area is about one block before the finish line for those relay teams wishing to finish together as a team across the finish line.
The (5) Person Marathon Relay Has 7 Divisions. Choose the Appropriate One For Your Team:
- Open Male (All 5 are Males)
- Open Female ( All 5 are Females)
- Open Mixed (Any combination of Males & Females)
- Masters Male (All 5 Males must be 40 years and older)
- Masters Female (All 5 Females must be 40 years and older)
- Masters Mixed (Any combination of Males and Females all must be 40 years and older)
- Corporate Division ( Any combination of Males / Females from any one Company / Business.
» $150.00 early bird registration (through 7/4 at 11:59 PM)
» $175.00 early registration (7/4 at 11:59 PM through 9/12 at 11:59 PM)
» $200.00 registration (9/12 at 11:59 PM through 9/24 at 6:00 PM)