Date: Sunday, September 27, 2020
Start/finish location: 1201 River Dr., Moline, IL
Start Time: 7:00 A.M.
(simultaneous start with the marathon)
Do you want to participate in the TBK Bank Quad Cities Marathon but prefer a shorter distance? Recruit your team of five runners and make it a team effort. It is fun and easy! We shuttle you to your transition area and then back to the finish area once you are done running. There will be a Relay Regroup Area about a block before the finish line for those relay teams wishing to finish together as a team across the Finish Line. Every team member will receive a great Finisher's Medal.
Of the 125 relay teams to cross the finish line in 2019, Rough Running Ramblers finished first in 2:58:03.
Each mile for each relay leg will be marked and visibly labeled for the relay teams. The five Relay legs are as follows:
- 1st Leg - Starting Line to Village of East Davenport (6.8 mi)
- 2nd Leg - Village of E. Davenport to Dist.of Rock Island (5.3 mi)
- 3rd Leg - District of Rock Island to RI Arsenal Island (6.5 mi)
- 4th Leg - RI Arsenal Island to Moline River Dr. (3.1 mi)
- Last Leg - Moline River Dr. to Finish (4.6 mi)
Departs from Centre Station to Lindsay Yacht Club, Davenport
Departs from Centre Station to District in Rock Island
Departs from Centre Station to Arsenal Island
Departs from Centre Station to George Evans Corporation, Moline
|6:30 AM||7:30 AM||8:00 AM||8:30 AM|
|6:40 AM||7:40 AM||8:15 AM||8:45 AM|
|6:50 AM||7:50 AM||8:30 AM||9:00 AM|
|7:00 AM||8:05 AM||8:45 AM||9:15 AM|
|7:00 AM||8:20 AM||9:15 AM||9:25 AM|
|7:05 AM||8:35 AM||9:30 AM||9:45 AM|
Departs from Lindsay Yacht Club, Davenport to Centre Station, Moline
Departs from District in Rock Island, return to Centre Station, Moline
Departs from Arsenal Island return to Centre Station, Moline
Departs from George Evans Corporation, Moline return to Centre Station, Moline
|Starting at 7:50 AM & approximately every 15 minutes||Starting at 8:30 AM & approximately every 15 minutes||Starting at 9:00 AM & approximately every 15 minutes||Starting at 9:40 AM & approximately every 15 minutes|
|LAST BUS DEPARTS AT 9:45 AM||LAST BUS DEPARTS AT 10:30 AM||LAST BUS DEPARTS AT 11:30 AM||LAST BUS DEPARTS AT 1:15 PM|
Five Person Marathon Relay
Team Captain of your relay or designated person may pickup team's packet, which includes your bib numbers, relay bibs, chip and chip contaner, pins, and t-shirts.
- Bib Numbers will be worn on the front. The bib reading "Relay" will be worn on the back of every relay member. This will be enforced.
- Chip & Chip container- All teams will be given one timing chip and carrier for the chip. The first person will start the race with the chip velcroed to their front bib. Relay participants will hand off the velcroed chip carrier - this is your baton. The last person will cross the finish line with the chip and chip carrier on their bib.
- Exchange Areas are well marked. Please look for your exchange areas when approaching the transition locations. Please try to be courteous to faster participants. It is often advisable for teams to wear bright matching shirts, hats, shorts, etc. If you plan to exchange clothes, have that prearranged with your team members. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Each relay exchange area will include refreshments, port-a-potties, and entertainment for your enjoyment.
- Bus Transportation to the exchange locations will be staged at Centre Station. Centre Station is located across from the TaxSlayer Center i.e. Start / Finish. The MetroLINK Buses will be identified by exchange locations. Your bib number is your bus ticket. Once you have completed your leg, a bus will take you back to the finish area.
- Finish As A Team Area relay regroup area is about one block before the finish line for those relay teams wishing to finish together as a team across the finish line.
The (5) Person Marathon Relay Has 8 Divisions. Choose the Appropriate One For Your Team:
- Open Male (All 5 are Males)
- Open Female ( All 5 are Females)
- Open Mixed (Any combination of Males & Females)
- Masters Male (All 5 Males must be 40 years and older)
- Masters Female (All 5 Females must be 40 years and older)
- Masters Mixed (Any combination of Males and Females all must be 40 years and older)
- Corporate Division ( Any combination of Males / Females from any one Company / Business.
- Running club division
AwardsPlaque will be presented to each team member for top three teams in each division.
Price increases happen on the following dates: 1/01/2020, 7/05/20, 9/10/20 and 9/26/20. Fees are listed in the links below.